QuickBooks Error H202 is a QBs multi-user mode error and it prevails once the server connection terminates. The H202 QuickBooks error signifies that t
QuickBooks Error H202 is a QBs multi-user mode error and it prevails once the server connection terminates. The H202 QuickBooks error signifies that the company file is not present on the host computer and is kept on some other system. You cannot perform any operations on the user’s host computer.
Also, the host server needs assistance in connection. The user cannot even open the company file present on the other computer system.
This error can exist many times due to connectivity issues. The Quickbooks server cannot connect with the original file source & is facing issues while opening the company file. Given this case, the multiple use of files is hindered due to various security reasons.
Causes of QuickBooks Error H202
There can be different causes and reasons for the prevalence of QuickBooks Error H202 in your system.
No proper establishment of the Domain Name System settings.
Unavailability of the server’s & host’s IP address.
Improper configuration of the hosting settings.
QBFC Monitor and QuickbooksDBXX are not functioning properly.
The network data file and other QuickBooks -related files are lost or broken.
The firewall blocks the work-operations.
Indicators of Quickbooks Error H202
- You cannot switch to the multi-user mode in the software Quickbooks.
- The company file present on another system cannot be operated.
- QuickBooks H202 error appears on the screen from time to time.
- The QBs software halts and stops performing its operations properly.
- High response time taken by the commands in the system.
Top Methods to Troubleshoot QuickBooks Error Code H202
1: Using the QuickBooks Database Server Manager (QBDSM)
- The first step is to use the Ctrl + R keys to open the Run dialog window and type up services.msc and then click on OK.
- Now, you need to right-click on QBsDB19 (2007), QBsDB17 (2009) or QBsDB18 (2008) and choose the option of Stop.
- Moving on, tap again a right-click and then select the tab Start and close the window.
- Next, you need all the known file type extensions.
- Right-click on the Start button and then choose the option of Explore.
- Navigate to the option named Tools and then to the Folder Option.
- After that, go to the View tab and then to the Hide Extensions within the known file types box.
- Again, reach out to the View tab and this time choose the option named Show Hidden Files and Folders.
- Clear out all the boxes coming on the Hide Protected Operating System.
- Click on Yes as the warning prompts up and then hit OK.
- Finally, close the Windows Explorer.
2: Remove & Recreate the Network Data File
The initial step is to use the Ctrl + R keys to open the Run dialog window and type up *.ND and then hit Enter.
Now, tap a right-click on the extension .ND file and then click on Delete.
Once deleted, click on the Start menu.
Now, navigate to the option All Programs and then go to QuickBooks > QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Tap on Scan Folder.
Now use Add Folder and then browse for your company file with issues.
Further, choose your company file and hit OK. The company file location is within the Folders along with the QuickBooks-related company files.
Now, use Start Scan to conduct a scan.
After the scanning process, hit Close.
3: QuickBooks Database Server Manager From the Tool Hub
Close all the running and active QuickBooks-related applications on your system.
Now, start downloading the QuickBooks hub tool from the official Intuit’s site, and then save the exe file.
Now, double-click on the exe file.
Moving on, follow the screen instructions & accept the terms and conditions and the license agreement.
Click on the option Finish at last and you will get the tool in your system.
Your host server system keeps the Qbs company file. Your other server systems connected to the network are your other server workstations.
Launch the installed QuickBooks Tool Hub and navigate to the tab named Network Issues.
Next, choose QuickBooks Database Server Manager.
Under the QBDSM, browse for your company file and then choose the option named Start Scan.
The QuickBooks Database Server Manager will self-rectify all the firewall permissions.
After the scanning process, hit Close.
Now you must access the software QuickBooks on each & every workstation where you get the QuickBooks Error H202.
Choose the File and start switching to the Multi-user mode.
4: Using QuickBooks Diagnostic Tools
To fix the Quickbooks error code h202 and other H-series errors, there are many tools available in your software. Read below.
QuickBooks Connection Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
QuickBooks Component Repair Tool
5: Repair the Hosting to Local Files
Firstly, launch the software QuickBooks and then use the F2 key for accessing the Product Information Window.
Under the bottom left side pane, choose the option Hosting below the Local Server Information to have a display of the local files only.
You also need to assure that no other user or client tries to host the same company file on different server systems.
6: Check the Network Connectivity
First, you will have to turn off the hosting on all the operating workstations.
From your main workstation, select the name of your server.
Fill in your server name and then hit the Enter key.
This post deals with all the associated concepts of quickbooks error code h202 and we hope you can follow all the given solutions easily. We are confident enough that you are content with us and are no longer facing any H-series errors.