It is essential to have a working antivirus solution in place to protect your computer. There may come a time when your antivirus needs to be disabled
It is essential to have a working antivirus solution in place to protect your computer. There may come a time when your antivirus needs to be disabled. You will need to open BitDefender Protection and toggle the options to disable or turn off several windows. Once you are ready to protect your computer, you can then turn them back on.
How to disable BitDefender
Antivirus software can cause problems with certain applications or processes. You may have to temporarily disable your antivirus software to fix the problem. BitDefender does not have a one-click closing feature. This means that you will need to disable BitDefender from all aspects.
BitDefender will turn off if it continues to do so. It is possible to reboot, but if that fails, you can know with the same steps to how to temporarily disable Bitdefender 2021 to do a quick check to ensure everything is in the On position.
Temporarily disable BitDefender
To temporarily shut down BitDefender, first open BitDefender by double-clicking the icon. Follow the steps below.
1. The Protection window is open.
2. Select Settings under Antivirus
3. Click on the Shield tab and then click the switch next to BitDefender Shield for it to be turned off.
4. Select Permanently or Until the System Restart option when prompted. Click OK. This will disable BitDefender while you enable it.
5. Click on the Drives and Devices tab and enable Scan Mapped Network Drives.
6. Look for the Online Threat Prevention module under Protection Features. Click on Web Protection to disable Web Attack Prevention, Search Advisor, and Encrypted Web Scan. Fraud Protection is also available. You should also turn off Network Threat Prevention. You will also need to disable Firewall and Advanced Threat Defense.
7. Select Configure next to Parental Control on the Privacy screen. Next, click the three dots beside your profile, and then select Devices. You can then uncheck the name and select Save. In the Webcam Protection or Password Manager modules, you will also need to choose Off.
8. Turn off Real-Time Optimization and Activate Profiles Automatically under Profiles
How to delete BitDefender
You can permanently disable BitDefender by removing the app. Windows 10: Go to Start and Settings. Click on Apps and select Uninstall BitDefender. Windows 7 and 8 will allow you to uninstall programs and features in the Control Panel.
Open your Finder, then select Go from the top menu. This will permanently disable BitDefender on Mac devices. Select Utilities and then run BitDefenderUninstaller. When prompted, click Uninstall and enter the Administrator password. After you receive confirmation that the software has been uninstalled, open Macintosh HD or Library and then drag the BitDefender folder into Trash.
How to enable BitDefender
Perhaps BitDefender is having technical issues and keeps turning off. Or maybe BitDefender needs to be enabled after it has been disabled. You can reenable BitDefender by following the same steps that were used to disable BitDefender. This will enable all the modules that you have disabled. It may be helpful to keep track of all the modules you have disabled to help you decide what to enable and disable.
If BitDefender keeps shutting down, you can take a different set. If you haven’t done so, reboot your BitDefender. If this doesn’t work and you are on Windows, then turn it on via the Action Center. BitDefender can also be opened and selected Settings. After that, make sure On-Access Scanning has been turned on. You should also check that each module is turned on.