New printer devices offer wireless connectivity. The user can connect the printer to Wi-Fi and then send a print command from the PC. You can access t
New printer devices offer wireless connectivity. The user can connect the printer to Wi-Fi and then send a print command from the PC. You can access the printer on the network from multiple devices. At home or office, you can add a printer to the network and share it among several devices.
Connecting printer to Wi-Fi via WPS
You can connect the printer to Wi-Fi directly if it supports WPS. Most of the new printer models support WPS connections. Check the router for WPS support. You can add the printer device if the router has a WPS pin. Check the router for the pin.
- Go to the printer and tap on Settings
- Choose Connection type
- Select Wireless network
- Now enable the WPS pin on your router
- Go to the printer; hit on the Wi-Fi button
- The Wi-Fi will start blinking
- Go to the printer screen and select the network
For a secured network, type the password. After connection, you can use the printer device. In case, you have connected the printer to the open network then check the network configuration page. Sometimes the printer gets connected to the wrong network. Go to the printer and take the network printouts.
Now check your printer status and SSID. If the SSID is the same as your network then your printer is on the correct network.
How do I connect my Canon mg3600 to wifi using the standard method?
If the Wi-Fi doesn’t support the WPS then use the standard method. This is the basic printer wireless connection method. For the standard method, you require a PC that is connected to Wi-Fi and the printer driver. The user has to run the driver for printer configuration.
- Copy printer software on PC
- Click on the setup and tap on Run
- The connection method page will be displayed
- Tap on Wireless LAN Connection
- Your printer device must be ON
- Check the printer for green lamp
- On PC, the software will start checking for the previously connected devices
- Choose Printer not found on list option
- The new printer setup will start installing
- Choose Cableless setup and press the Wi-Fi button on the printer
- Release the button when it starts blinking
- Go to PC and you will see the Region screen
- Select the Region and tap on Next
- Choose the Language
- Tap on Next and EULA page will appear
- Click on Yes and then printer software will install
- Go to PC screen and tap on Redetect
Once the setup completes, you will see SSID on the screen
Choose the Complete button and now check for print head alignment. Follow the screen for settings on the printhead. After completing the configuration, you can access the printer on Wi-Fi. Now take the printouts from this computer directly. But if you want to use the printer from another device, get the driver on PC.
Install the printer driver
In WPS or standard connection, you can find the printer directly.
But the printer won’t read any print commands until you install the driver. This printer software creates a communication channel for the printer and PC. Check for the driver disc you get with the printer. Otherwise, download the setup from the web.
After installing the driver on the PC, go to Printers and tap on Add a device. Select your printer name for the connection. After your printer connection, you can easily send the print job and take the printouts.
Connecting printer to Android device wirelessly
Like PC devices, you can use the printer from an Android device. Connect the phone to the same network. In Android devices, you need printer software. Use the google cloud print on the phone. With this app, you can access any printer.
But the printer must be registered to google cloud print. On Chrome, open the menu bar. Choose settings and click on Cloud Print. Now go to Manage Cloud Print and add your printer.
- Go to your phone and click on Play Store
- Search Google Cloud Print
- Install the setup
- Open the file to print
- Tap on the Print option
Your phone will start looking for printers. Go to the list and select your printer name. Check the size, color, etc, and tap on print. Your printer will start printing your document.