Online transcription services are available in a variety of models, offering services that differ in terms of turnaround time and prices, but also in
Online transcription services are available in a variety of models, offering services that differ in terms of turnaround time and prices, but also in the quality of service and customer support. In this article, we’ll review the most popular types of online transcription. We hope that this tiny but important piece of writing can assist anyone trying to have their audio transcribing done and ensure that a great transcription is in their hands!
Different Types Of Online Transcription Services
In the transcription online world, there are numerous choices that every business has to offer and it’s an ideal idea to take into consideration these elements when you purchase online transcription. While there’s a wide variety of transcription firms all of them fall into one of the following categories. video transcription services in mumbai
Crowd-Sourced Online Transcription Services
Online transcription services that are crowdsourced are becoming quite popular in recent years! The service is where your audio is posted on the internet for transcriptionists who are crowdsourced to translate. In simple terms that transcription companies can greatly reduce their expenses by cutting your audio into tiny fragments (usually one to five minutes) and then passing it on to a variety of individuals to be transcribed. After each person has completed their portion of the transcription, a program will take the fragments of audio and then pieces them back into pieces and gives the transcription over to the transcription company. This is actually a sophisticated program, and a clever way to transcribing large amounts of data, however the client loses confidentiality and quality.
1. Your audio is accessible to everyone – anyone can listen (anyone is able to, and everyone is able to – as many transcribers must determine if they are able to perform the work by listening to the audio)
2. Transcribers typically have different styles, meaning that punctuation, spelling , grammar and so on. is different between sections of the same transcription
3. You don’t know who the transcribers are! In general, transcribers don’t have to be native English speakers. The issue are usually avoided by the right training and experience, however eventually, the language barrier will be evident in the final transcription
4. There isn’t a confidentiality agreement signed with transcribers in relation to the audio file or files
5. Sometimes, the turnaround time can be a long time – which is okay so long as you’re aware of this at the beginning
Outsourced Transcription Services
In this type of model the transcription company could be a single person who is a company or business. When they receive an request by you, they send it to an outsourcing firm (in India, the Philippines or an other country) to finish. It’s not a problem they can offer an acceptable level of quality transcripts that are very basic audio (without background noise or multiple speakers technical terms and other technical terms). BUT! They’re unable to provide any quality at all on harder audio. When I tested the test my friend along with me conducted (which I’m not going to post here; you’ll have believe me) the transcripts we received from a few of these outsourced firms didn’t even come close to matching the audio. The companies that outsource try to produce high-quality transcripts, but the lack of English as their first language makes it not an option to deliver transcriptions that are accurate to 98% or greater. A few problems with transcription companies online include:
1. Audio is not easy = poor quality transcriptions
2. Inconsistently difficult to remember names technical terms, names, anything that requires research, etc.
3. In general, poor support and customer service. The business that is taking your money is not actually the company that is writing the transcripts. That means that the client has questions for someone that isn’t really transcribing the material. What’s the result? A lot of confusion, frustration and wasted time.
In-house transcription firms typically provide professional transcription services because they are usually run by native English users. It’s difficult to determine if they’re in-house unless you try their services (some companies simply state that they’re “in-house”). These businesses often struggle dealing with huge amounts of audio, and charge more and require customers to typically book ahead with a queueing technique or similar. Problems:
1. Insufficient pricing information displayed – customers need to get quotes, input many details, etc.
2. These are offline companies with websites, which means you’ll need to sign up for complicated paperwork
3. Do you prefer paying with a either credit cards or Paypal? Yes, I do! Unfortunately, many companies require a standard bank transfer. something to think about…
4. Insufficient assistance. Since the office or call centre is manned by just only two or maybe one person it could take up to five days to get a response. I prefer 24-hour responses.
5. Pricing that is complicated – it can take an immense amount of time just to get an accurate price!
Online transcription services are available in a highly complex and competitive market. There’s a lot of variety of options, and, unfortunately, price does not necessarily mean high-quality. Customers must set their sights to find a business which not only offers top-quality, professional online transcription service but also offers a superior, high-quality service. They should select their transcribers carefully in different time zones so they can accomplish all the work needed and still maintain the quality of work that is the result of having native English transcribers who adhere to an exact style guideline! It isn’t easy to locate, but trust me when I tell you that that there are businesses with an editing team who are truly passionate about English and enjoy spell-checking or QA, as well as proof reading.